Blackjack Strategy & Tips
Online blackjack strategy is all about judging the likelihood of reaching 21 without going over. Here the points are based on 10 points for a King Queen or Jack and the playing cards are worth their face value. Aces are worth either 1 or 10 as you choose.
As you can well imagine there is some mathematics involved, but the best way to learn all about Blackjack strategy and how to play is to play the game often.
Rules of the game
The general rules of thumb include the following:
- Always hit with a card total of 11 or less.
- Always stand with a card total of 17 or less and the dealer is not showing a 7 or higher.
- Always stand with a card total of 12 to 16 and the dealer is showing 2 to 6.
- Always hit with a card total of 12 or 16 and the dealer is showing either a 2 or a 3.
- Always hit with a card total of 12 to 16 and the dealer is showing a 7 or higher.
- Players generally play more aggressive with a soft Ace that with a hard Ace.
A soft hand contains an Ace that counts as 11. The main strategy for soft hands is to double down when the dealer has a high chance of going bust. The surrender option is very rare in most casinos you can play at.
This hand contains no Aces or an Ace that counts as one. Again, the surrender option is not often included when playing at gaming establishments.
Tips for Blackjack
While you can play and enjoy online blackjack just for fun, using a strategy reduces the house edge in a big way. The general principle of using strategies to play the game is that the player receives high-value cards and the dealer receives low-value cards. The more Aces and 10-value cards there are, the more likely your chances of getting Blackjack although nothing is ever entirely guaranteed.
- Cards – The game is played with a standard deck of 52 cards. There is no Joker in this needed.
- Players – Of course, to play a game any table game, there needs to be players involved to play against the banker.
- A Dealer – Online Blackjack is played with two players, i.e. the player and the dealer.
- Money – Before you try playing for real money at any online casinos in the UK, players must deposit money into their account to start making bets.
- Table – The Blackjack table has been specifically designed for the game and can accommodate up to 7 players.