Like regular online game, Live Blackjack is all about strategy and a healthy dose of good luck. But, unlike the animated table and illusive dealer, you can now play on a real table with other players and have a casino dealer right on your screen. This affords players the opportunity to play this exciting and challenging game straight from the comfort of their homes, but still giving you the thrill of playing live. It removes the distractions of regular casinos, allowing you to focus more intently on the game, which increases your chances of success.
How to Play
Learn the value of the cards: Each card features a value that remains the same throughout the game. In online Live Blackjack, you must beat the dealer while trying to not bust by going over 21. The card values are as follows:
- Number cards: The number is the value of the cards
- Face cards: The value is 10
- Ace: Either 1 or 11 depending on the player and how it affects your hand
Learn about your choices:
If a player goes ‘bust’, the casino immediately takes your money, however, if the dealer goes ‘bust’ on the same hand, the player still loses. The dealer is the last one to play the hand. Therefore a player has to weigh up his options during play:
- Hit: This is when you get another card
- Stand: This is when you keep your current hand
- Double Down: Here you decide to double your bet and get one more card
- Split: This is when you make two hands from one hand
- Surrender: In many live casinos you have the option of giving up half of your bet without playing. It is advised to only surrender when the dealer is showing a 9-A and the player has a 5-7 or 12-16
Learn how to win:
In order to win, the player has to be closer to 21 than the dealer without going over. If it’s a tie, it is referred to as a push. In the case of a push, neither the player nor the house wins. A blackjack is achieved when your starting hand is an Ace and 10, or any face card.
Live online Blackjack has completely changed the way we see and play the game. Another interesting thing to note – an online casino that hosts live games have more credibility and legitimacy than other gaming sites that don’t. This is because the player can see the cards being dealt right in front of them, guaranteeing a fair game. Hosting live dealers are also a major investment for gambling sites to make, so you can rest assured that the establishment is secure.