Online American Roulette is among the most popular table games in the world and is enjoyed by a wide variety of players, ranging from seasoned gamers to newbies that understand that this is one of the most famous games of chance at a casino. And that’s exactly what makes this game so well-loved – its unpredictability. Roulette is definitely a game of chance, and playing it can stir all sorts of emotions within a player, which can range from excitement to thrill, anxiety and more. American roulette features 38 divisions, which are numbered 0, 00, and then 1 to 36. Numbers 1 to 36 are coloured in black and red, while the single and double zero are marked in green.
The main objective of this game is to predict the numbered pocket the roulette ball will land once the wheel stops turning. To do this, a player must place a bet on a particular number, after which the dealer spins the roulette wheel. The ball will travel through the wheel until it stops spinning and lands into a pocket. Once this happens, all respective winners are paid. All 38 numbers are arranged identically on the wheel. Therefore the ball has an equal probability to settle in any of the pockets. Find out more about the basic rules of online Roulette.
The Rules of American Roulette
While playing American online Roulette, different chips are usually used in comparison with other table games at online casinos. All players will need to exchange either their regular chips or cash with the dealer before the game commences. Each player will receive chips of a different colour – this is usually done to avoid confusion when payouts are made. Once all players have received their chips, the betting will begin. Bets are usually made on the roulette table, and there are different options available. Players will make either a single or combination bet before the dealer spins the wheel. Once the dealer calls for ‘no more bets,’ players are not allowed to change, modify or remove their bets. Once the wheel stops spinning, the ball will land into one of the numbered pockets, and if you have bet on this number and colour combination, you will win. The dealer will mark the number on the roulette table with a dolly, and all players who have won are paid while losing bets are swept off the table.
Types of Bets
There are generally two types of betting in online American Roulette, namely inside or outside bets. Inside bets are made on a single number, a small group of numbers or adjacent numbers while outside bets are bets placed on larger groups of numbers. There are different types of inside and outside bets.
- Straight-up Bet – This bet is placed on any single number, including the single and double zero. This bet is placed directly on the number and warrants a payout of 35 to 1.
- Split Bet – This bet involved two adjacent numbers. Bets are placed on the line between these numbers and include single and double zeros. Here the payout is 17 to 1.
- Street Bet – This bet features all three numbers in a row. These are placed on the line at the end of the row as well as other placements as well. It has a payout of 11 to 1.
- Corner Bet – This is a bet on a group of four numbers. This bet is placed at the corner where the four numbers touch. Its payout is 8 to 1.
- Five Bet – This bet features a bet on 0, 00, 1, 2, and 3. It is placed at the corner by 0 and 1 and has a payout of 6 to 1.
- Line Bet – This bet features six numbers and is placed at the end of two rows. The payout is 5 to 1.
- Column Bet – This bet features an entire column placed on the ‘2 – 1’ box at the end of the column. Here the payout is 2 to 1.
- Dozen Bet – This bet features a collection of 12 numbers, which can be placed on the ‘1st 12’, the ‘2nd 12’ or the ‘3rd 12’ boxes. The payout is 2 to 1.
- Bet on Colour – This bet features all of the red or black numbers on the layout. The payout is 1 to 1.
- Bet on Low/High – This bet features all low or high numbers. Bet are either placed on the ‘Low’ box with numbers 1 to 18 or the ‘High’ box with numbers 19 to 36. This payout is 1 to 1.